- Getting Started Founding President Juscelino Kubitschek President JK Bridge
- Getting Around Main Roads Central Bus Station
- Getting Out of the House The National Museum Craft Fair Under the TV Tower
- House of Representatives Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the National Congress
- House of Worship Our Lady of Fatima Church Brasília's Cathedral
- No House The Homeless Behind the Congress Building
Adonai Rocha was born in 1958 in Brazil. Still a child, he moved to Brasilia in 1967 - when the Capital city of Brasilia was still under construction despite its official inauguration in 1960. Adonai grew up in Brasília and began taking pictures in the 70's as architecture photographer's assistant. Due the turmoil and repressive apparatus during Brazil's military dictatorship period he moved to London, where he studied photography and film. After the opening of the political system and amnesty in the 1980s, Adonai worked in Brasilia as photojournalist for major national magazines and newspapers, and as a freelance advertising and commercial photographer. For many years he has worked in conservation and photographic restoration.
Want to guest edit this magazine? Submit your proposal