The Grand Canyon Gigaview ProjectBrowse All on Gigapan.org
- Life at the Bottom Early Inhabitants Recent Residents
- Before Life The Oldest Rock On Planet Earth
- Falling Water Deer Creek Falls Elves Chasm
- Rising Water There's No Escaping the Electric Grid
- Drinking Water and What Else To Bring
- Time Out Day Off Lunch Break Sandy Beach
Biologist, Wilderness Expedition Leader, Ecotourism Entrepreneur, Destination Marketing Pro, Thomas Hayden's career jumped tracks when he became immersed in a new camera technology in 2005. A year later, Thomas was among a handful of photographers dispatched to visually map the world for Google StreetView. An endless road trip, it was a journey that would take him from the lip of Niagara Falls to the beaches of Southern California. He always knew that, one day, he would take the technology down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon on a rafting expedition.
With an invitation to row a boat on a private permit in 2010, he had his chance.
Follow Thomas Hayden on Twitter @GigaView360
See more of his gigapixel images at:
Gigapan.org GigaView360 and Photosynth.net GigaView
Want to guest edit this magazine? Submit your proposal